Monday, October 13, 2014

Theo, A Birth Story...

This was my first birth story.
And it was completely unplanned.

Elise is one of my very best friends.
So naturally i was thrilled when her photographer fell through last minute and I got to go over to be there for theo's birth. I cancelled all my plans, threw on my shoes and raced over to her house. 

Not only was it my first birth that I ever photographed, but witnessed. And AT HOME. Baptism by fire. I laughed, I cried, I felt so many emotions going through me throughout this entire process I felt like I was going to explode. The very next morning I woke up before Finn (their little boy) went in to meet his new baby brother. 

After it was all said and done I sat in my "peace bubble" as I would like to call it, for a good three days. No joke. I had a hard time even talking. I was just so grateful for life. And birth. And relationships. And love.

Hands down. One of the coolest experiences I've ever been able to witness.
It was BEYOND beautiful. I wish there was another word. 

Theo Edits-3
Theo Edits-4  Theo Edits-5
Theo Edits-8  Theo Edits-13
Theo Edits-16
Theo Edits-20
Theo Edits-22  Theo Edits-24
Theo Edits-23
Theo Edits-19  Theo Edits-26
Theo Edits-32
Theo Edits-30

Theo Edits-33
Theo Edits-35
Theo Edits-36
Theo Edits-40
Theo Edits-41  Theo Edits-45
Theo Edits-43
Theo Edits-47
Theo Edits-48
Theo Edits-51  Theo Edits-52
Theo Edits-53
Theo Edits-54
Theo Edits-57  Theo Edits-58
Theo Edits-55  Theo Edits-59
Theo Edits-60
Theo Edits-62
Theo Edits-64  Theo Edits-65
Theo Edits-69
Theo Edits-71
Theo Edits-76
Theo Edits-80
Theo Edits-77  Theo Edits-78
Theo Edits-85
Theo Edits-88
Theo Edits-89
Theo Edits-91
Theo Edits-92
Theo Edits-96
Theo Edits-98  Theo Edits-99

There is no one on the planet that could have made home birth look that glamorous I'm convinced. As if I didn't respect Elise enough...

This family...
the ultimate rockstars.

WELCOME THEO.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment